Church of Christ Owen Sound
We are an autonomous Christian family congregation.
We are individuals who have fallen short of the divine standards that God has set. We have found forgiveness through Jesus Christ our savior. Our members are Christians who strive to become conformed into the image of Christ by studying God's word. For fifty years our doors have been open for all in the Owen Sound area. We welcome all who desire to become a part of the family of God.
"Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me..."
Whether you are tuning in from the comfort of your home or at the Church building, we want you to feel like you are a valued part of our Church family. Our worship service each Sunday will contain all the elements found in the New Testament:
- Psalms, Hymns and Spiritual songs will be sung a cappella as a congregation. (Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16)
- All songs are displayed on PowerPoint so that you may also follow along. Public prayers will be offered (1Timothy 2:1-3)
- Scripture reading from the Word of God (1Timothy 4:14)
- The Lord's Supper will be offered each Lord's Day to all who have obeyed the Gospel. (Acts 20:7)
- A Sermon from God's Word will be delivered.
"God is Spirit and those who worship in Him must worship in Spirit and truth."
Brian Thompson Preacher/Evangelist
The congregation is blessed to have Brian and his wife Faith as members of our congregation.
They have raised four children: Eric, Melissa, Curtis and Kendra and have been blessed by God with fourteen grandchildren. Brian has served as our preacher/evangelist since August 1, 2001. He has a B.A degree in Bible from Harding University in Arkansas and has preached for almost fourty years. He has also preached for the St. Thomas and Port Colborne congregations in Ontario.
Brian can be reached at (519) 376-6702 or by email at email@example.com